Gauge Calibration Services
We are frequently asked to verify new gauges that customers have purchased from suppliers who have not obtained ANSI/ISO/IEC 17025-05(E) Accreditation. They simply ask the vendor to send the unit or units directly to us upon purchase and we certify that they meet requirements of ASME B40.100 - 2005 and B107.100-2005 .
Typical Units Serviced
- Pressure Gauge
- Pressure Transducer
- Pressure Calibrator
( range 0 to 10,000 psig )
- Vacuum Gauge
- Vacuum Pump
( range 0 to 30inHg )
Test Points: Accuracy, Span Shift, Zero Shift, Hold Capability.
Riverview performs a "Direct Comparison" calibration for pressure and vacuum. We utilize a hydraulic pump test fixture which allows us to mount the customers gauge and a certified test gauge at the same time and apply the pressure/vacuum range in both "Loading & Un-Loading" directions. Each unit is cleaned, calibrated, adjusted where applicable and a laminated identification sticker is placed on each gauge to provide the customer with required calibration information. Serial number, Type, calibration date and the calibration due date ( if requested ).
Inspection & Other Considerations
- Case Damage: dents and/or cracks
- Broken windows which should be replaced to keep dirt out of the internals
- Any signs of service media leakage through the gauge including its connection
- Showing signs of corrosion and/or leakage of the pressure system
- Damaged sockets, especially damaged threads
- Indicator Arm: showing significant friction error and/or wear of the movement and linkage
- Bent or unattached pointers due to extreme pressure pulsation
- Span Shift: gauges that exhibit a span shift greater than 10%
- Zero Shift: gauges that exhibit a zero shift greater than 25%
- Liquid Filled: discoloration of gauge fill that impedes readability. Display segments legible?
- Leakage of gauge fill: liquid filled gauges showing loss of case fill
The gauge is then certified to meet specifications outlined in the appropriate ASTM method, within full compliance with ANSI/ISO/IEC 17025-05(E), and utilizing NIST traceable standards and equipment. Each gauge receives a "Certificate of Verification" with "As Found" and "As Left" data and is ANSI/ISO/IEC 17025-2005(E) compliant. Riverview is a small company that customizes its service to the customer. I am proud to say that our customers love our certificates. We make them easy to read and understand, packing them with as much information as possible and ensuring they conform to ANSI/ISO/IEC 17025:2005(E), ANSI/NCSL Z540-1-1994 and A2LA requirements.
- Send In Order Form
Please use the Form provided when sending anything in for service. The more information you provide is helpful in Riverview providing you the most efficient and accurate service.
- Service Notices
We also track your equipment, 30 days prior to due dates we send out "Service Notices" to our customers.